Thursday, March 20, 2008

P.S. I Love You

Just finished reading this book today.


This story was so beautiful I could feel tears stinging my eyes when I finished it. (And for your information this rarely happens to me.) Each chapter,every single word was written so well you could feel what Holly, the main character felt and connect with her. This story is just so touching that I tried to ( may i emphasize that again, Tried My Very Best) to read it as slow as possible so that it will last me As Long As Possible.
I really tried my best. And it lasted for 4 days. Only.

This story is about Holly, who had just lost her husband, Gerry (he passed away due to a tumour in his brain). Just when she thought her world has fallen apart and she is all alone, she received a package addressed to her from Gerry. Inside it are 10 notes (each signed P.S. I Love You ) to guide Holly through her life without Gerry, and eventually to help her stand up on her feet again. Each note was to be opened and read on the month specified on its envelope.

In the months that follow, Gerry's letters sends Holly on a journey, a journey of rediscovering herself, a journey that strengthens her, and eventually enables her to let go of the past, and move on. And as Gerry wrote, "Remember our wonderful memories , but please don't be afraid to make some more " Holly finds herself laughing, crying, forming stronger relationships with her friends and family and living her life to the fullest.

Here's a quote from the story:
Nobody's life is filled with perfect little moments. And if they were, they wouldn't be perfect little moments. They would just be normal. How would you know happiness if you'd never experienced downs?
How true.

Anyways, there is a movie based on this book. But, SOMEHOW..... it ain't showing in cinemas here yet. ( How can??!!) * strangles someone invisible*
Does anyone know when this movie will be reaching the shores of Malaysia (which I hope will be VERY soon) ? If so, enlighten me.


Here's the movie trailer.
And of course, the movie always differs a bit from the book.



Sometimes it's about living life one letter at a time.

5 comments:

cloudet said...

yup,
awaiting for a better quality version to get from the net.
hehe...
I'm expecting this movie also.
:)

Chocoholic said...

yay.if got i want also! haha

cloudkho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cloudet said...

No problem.
I love Hilary Swank a lot.
It's a movie i won't miss.
Oh ya, linked your blog to mine.
Feel free to drop by my blog.
:)

Chocoholic said...

haha okie! thanks lots! haha i'll link u also! thankiex