Monday, April 28, 2008

Florence's 18th Birthday (Updated)

Since my blog seems to be rotting off into nothingness and somewhat damned to grow mold and disintegrate into something unidentifiable , I'll blog bout Florence's surprise party. =D

The Princess of the Day

After weeks of planning and receiving constant reassuring comments such as:

Later you bring Flo to McD and no one is there and instead of giving Flo a surprise , you'll have a shock of your life.

Don't worry if 'em people don't turn up, there's still you!

Thanks guys. You managed to assuage all my worries.
Finally and thank goodness, everything turned out fine. =)

So Steph and I did the Stalling Florence Task and brought her trapezing around Kuching to places that we haven't been for ages. Sigh~ it brought back fond memories of my childhood days.

Flo and Steph


The jocund, boisterous teenager and the introverted, meditating yoga master wannabe.

We,surrounded by a group of invisible ogres and giants.

According to Steph, when in distress, feign death....

....or start searching for a non-existent Tarzan/knight in shinning armor/ -whatever you wanna name him-.




Florence kept commenting that this was the best birthday she had ever--walking around Kuching with us girls. Had to constantly stop myself from blurting out that there was more to come. *wraps invisible cloth around mouth*

Random comment : How do you make a creepy song sound even creepier?
Song: Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body"
Scene : Flo and Steph singing it out loud and replacing the word "My" with "Keren". *cringes*
I will hunt you down....
*fleeing for my precious life*

Okay so birthdays are for you to do stuff you always wanted to do right? So if the princess
( hint: Flo) says she wants to go to Fort Margherita, her wishes should be granted. And granted it is.

*twirls wand and points at Flo*

Off we go on a rickety sampan....( My spell-casting skills aren't good. Tried in vain to conjure up a grand yacht but failed miserably. Pardon me. Need Hermione's help. =P)



We three plus a gigolo. I mean Steph's gigolo, according to her, he's a gigolo. I won't take her word for it, ya know? =)


Steph and the so-called-gigolo. If I were you, I won't take her word for it. =)

Steph said she knew the way to Fort Margherita. So once we reached the opposite side of the river, we let her lead the way, following 10 meters behind. Have to save face ma....


Sisterly love at the desolated fort.


Fort Margherita. Breathtaking view. Minus the fact that serious construction is taking place and weeds are conquering a great portion of the view. Peacefully quiet. Due to the fact that there is not a single soul in sight providing a perfect location for the murders of three curious girls and a reluctant guy. Perhaps a kidnapping.


Mmmm, sunset. Visually block out the overgrown weeds, please. Thank you.

Sorry, where was I again?

Birthdays must have a hint of romance. So, next stop. Riverside. =)



Make a wish........It's your birthday anyway...


Amidst all the romance, I was freaking out . Imagine receiving messages from Amy that reads:
Only me, Audrey, Francis and Siaw Wee here.

Crap, there's no one else. Freaking serious.

You said 6.30pm right? Not 7.30pm..right???!!
( Amy's messages as I remembered it. )


Don't be fooled by the serenity of this photo. I was busy contemplating how to personally torture all those who have yet to turn up for the party. =P


Good thing Flo didn't get suspicious when I kept backing away to answer phone calls and kept jabbing furiously at my hand phone.

At approximately 7.15pm did Flo arrived at McD only to be ecstatic about the fact that a whole bunch of friends were there for her. And she was so overjoyed that she greeted Amy with " You Are A Big Fat Liar!" =D Really grateful to Siang and Jong who came all the way to wish Flo Happy Birthday regardless of the fact that they had to rush off to a meeting at 7.30pm. Thanks lots to Pin Wei too who came over from work just to personally present his birthday wishes to Flo.



Random Fact : Amy and I are having this nagging feeling at the back of our minds that says we're blacklisted by McD.
Reason : We reserved 30+ places and left to eat at Hartz Chicken.
Explanation : The guys said that McD is unable to satisfy their insatiable desire for food.
Other explanation : The air conditioner at McD decided to announce it's demise on that day. 'nuff said.


Its obvious that they are the babies of the day.


L to R: Kern Yih, Hung Yih ( or is it Hung Yih, Kern Yih) Greg and Jing Kuang.

Girl with spoon, guy with spoon, and guy that refuses to touch spoon.

Eh sorry, I meant Siaw Wee, Noah and Francis.

Florence and Jake. Jake, now you can solemnly proclaim that you've been on the crappiest blog created since the birth of the Internet.


Lesley. Florence.

A Stark Contrast. Much said.

The impish girl who had icing on her fingers a few moments before this photo was taken and the blur girl who foolishly let herself get smeared with icing.


Birthday Girl and oh, I spot 'em guilty fingers that were coated with icing moments ago.

Oh...Lesley Bear...*hugs tightly*

I see black. I see white. I see black and white. And white.
Amy.Lesley.Dexter.Audrey.

Somehow this photo makes me think of zebras....

Focus not on the people but on the reflection in the mirror. Stare at the intense glare of light and thou shall find what you seek. Bless you.

Aaron , Cheng and girl-gone-black.

Flo : We no longer require your services...

Richard Gigolo: What are you going to do with me now?

*Flo takes gun and points it at said person's head*

Richard Gigolo: Nooooooooo.............

*Gunshot*

- Silence -


Mirror, mirror on the wall, which pile of crap plate of ice-cream is the most delectable of them all?


Guys and their chicken bones. =P

Talking about chicken, I don't know what's the big deal with the chicken over at Hartz. Pieces of fried chicken can get the guys on their toes gathering around the, um, chicken bar, while holding on to the tongs for dear life. Rather annoyed when Amy and I attempted to pile our plates with fried onion rings only to realize that the tongs needed to pick out the onions were firmly grasped by some unknown guy who refused to place it down until the fresh hot batch of fried chicken was served (regardless of the fact that he wasn't using it at the moment). For me, I rather stay away from the chicken served there. Last time I checked, biting into the chicken was like eating a mouthful of sand-- dry. Well, once bitten, twice shy. Or should I say, once eaten, twice shy. =)


And this is the remains of the Secret Recipe cake- disintegrated into a mass of unidentifiable brown ,um stuff.

Kuching City nightlife. Minus the presence of humans due to the weather.

Last stop was somewhere called Fork and Knife, or was it Fork and Spoon. Pardon the bad memory. Was only with Lesley and Amy due to the fact that we ditched the rest at Jalan Song. Sorry. Anyway, we went in, sat down, was presented menus by a waiter who promptly apprised us that the shop was closing in 10 minutes. =.='


The design of the place is pretty unique. As you can see the walls are lined with mirrors. Just sitting at one spot , you can practically have a full view of the whole cafe. Well, that's good if you're paranoid and thus will be able to keep an eye on the person preparing your drink, to ensure that you don't receive some weird concoction.

Ah, this is Sweet, Sour and Salty. Salty is named Triple Sour actually. Dunno why it turned out salty.

Ooookayyy.... Finally completed the arduous task of blogging about Flo's birthday party. Arduous due to the fact that I stubbornly wanted to defy the lousy internet connection and upload photos taken by a 10 mega pixel camera. Simply refused to take photos using the 2 mega pixel camera phone.

Mwah, I'm so proud of myself. This post has been on my computer since yesterday afternoon.

P/s Thanks to all that have help make this party a success. Couldn't possibly have done it without you guys!

P/p/s I'm currently having post-party planning syndrome. Keep thinking that I've somehow managed to offend every single person that came that night. Visions of me mates with inimical stares permanently imprinted on their faces are currently haunting my thoughts.

4 comments:

Peaches said...

Haha. You finally blogged it!!! lol. Sorry Keren!!!! guilty with the icing thingy. hicks. I still feel so bad 'bout that lah. Note to self: Never smear ppl with icing. ever. haha. Mwah!! Update more!!! (repetition)

Chocoholic said...

haha,amazing how u managed to view this post so fast. Was still editing it and refreshed the page dah see your comment. Nah, forget the icing part, I actually loved it. Minus the fact that I had this phobia after that and kept thinking that I smell icing.. *cringes*...but it was fun! next time smear some one else :)

Peaches said...

:) I was reading manga when suddenly, I heard a creepy voice that went... 'Amyyyyy.... Keren FINALLY updated her bloggggg...... RREEEEEAAADDDDDD!!!!!!

or die.'

Haha. Kidding lah. Pure coincidence. Mwah!

Chocoholic said...

Ahah..that's like some special connection between us..amazing..not.. considering the time we spend 2gether...