Friday, October 16, 2009

Little girl

Sometimes I wish for a moment there,
Can I be that little girl again,
That stuck to her daddy all the time,
following him on business trips all around.

Or the little girl who was so naive,
that got easily scared of horror stories,
and as the darkness creeps in,
will hold her brother's hand to sleep.

Can I be the little girl,
whose head could only reach up to the tabletop,
eyeing the plate of food on the table,
begging mummy for another piece.

And the girl that lies her head,
upon her sister's lap she rests.
As her sister brushes her hair,
and braids it into a neat little plait.

Sometimes I wonder whether I really could,
turn back time and keep it there,
ban all worries from my head,
and smile like a little girl once again.

So can I be that girl once more,
And cuddle in Your arms and tell You my troubles,
and will you hold me tight,
and reassure me that every thing's gonna be alright?

6 comments:

CaMy said...

Hey dear, are you alright? Miss home huh? So am I. 28 more days left! Dont worry much dear, everything soon gonna be fine =) You have me here always with you. You know I lubbb youuu *wink* Cheers! =D

Chocoholic said...

haha.. yup, i guess I shall be fine. =) just needa get tru this few more days! =) hahaha...yup and you'll have me too dear! =) love ya lots too!

Henry Tan said...

haha. wow. interesting post. i like the way u describe it. so true.
when we were young, we wanted to be grow up faster.
when we are getting older, we wanted to be young again. haha.

Chocoholic said...

haha..thanks! =) yup, that's us humans.. insatiable desires. =P

Andrew Ho said...

everything's gonna be alright, but you've gotta learn to be tough now doc ^^

Chocoholic said...

thankies =)